The university remains open and is actively engaged in maintaining the safest possible learning and work environment.
Click here for the latest university COVID-19 updates.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated June 10, 2020 at 8:20 a.m.
What to Bring!
For Your Convenience, You May Want to Bring:
- One UL-approved electrical strip with circuit breaker (maximum 6 outlets per strip)
- Microwave oven (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps) and small refrigerator (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps; 5 cubic feet or less), one of each permitted per room.
- Rooms equipped with a MicroFridge® as a standard amenity may not have additional microwaves or refrigerators. Additional microwaves/refrigerators are also not permitted in Appalachian Heights due to the presence of a full kitchen in each apartment. To make move-in easier, you may consider renting a MicroFridge® through our third-party supplier, Standards For Living, Inc.
- Bed linens, pillows, and blankets (twin XL size)
- Towels and washcloths
- Kitchen and eating utensils (as these items will not be available for checkout)
- Laundry detergent - don't forget to wash your face coverings! (Laundry is included in your housing fees)
- Summer clothes for the early part of the year; it will start getting cooler around October so prepare accordingly with your winter clothes
- One good rain jacket
- Personal computers - all residence halls have data port connections in the rooms (1 port per bed) and wireless connectivity
- Desk lamp
- Free-standing fan (as needed, for halls without a/c)
- Dry-erase message board
- 7 gallon trash receptacle
- Stackable storage bins
- Shower shoes and personal care items
- Cleaning supplies and disinfectants for your room
- Hand sanitizer
- Face coverings
- A warm, weatherproof coat for the cold and possible snow
- One reusable water bottle
A list of prohibited items can be found on the Housing Policies area of this site. Please note that the list of prohibited items is not all-inclusive and is subject to change.