The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Instruction has transitioned online for summer sessions. Read the latest update posted 5/21/2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Residence Hall Information
University Housing offers a 360° view of our residence hall rooms and the amenities. Click on the pictures below to have a look around each space, but please note that rooms may vary slightly in size and configuration.
- Newland Hall AppSync photo album
- Maximum Occupancy: 296 residents
- Style: Suite, Co-Ed by suite
- Meal Plan Required: Yes
- Wireless internet access
- ADA accessible
- Air conditioned
- Laundry facilities
- Lobby with television
- Kitchen facilities (each floor)
- Lounges/study rooms (each floor)
- Vending machines with ID card swipe
- Extra-long twin mattress (80"L x 36"W x 7"H)
- Side door card access ends at 8:00 p.m. nightly and resumes at 8:00 a.m.
- Main entry card access is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Rent a MicroFridge®
- Standard room dimensions: 14'2" x 11'11" (room # ends in 00-22)
- Standard room dimensions: 20'11" x 13'10" (room # ends in 23-50)
- Movable furniture
- Bunkable beds
- 8" bed risers allowed on unbunked beds
- Shared bathroom (4 students)
- Fixed wardrobe
- Desk with built-in hutch
- 14.5" storage under bed