The Housing Exemption process is for new, incoming first-year students who meet the requirements to be exempt from the first-year live-on requirement. The Housing Exemption Request form is located on the University Housing Portal (opens in a new tab). Exemptions may be granted for the following reasons:
- Student lives with a parent or legal guardian within a 30-mile commuting distance
- Student lives with a parent or legal guardian and is taking all online classes
- Student is married
- Student is a single parent
- Student is 25 years of age or older
- Student is a military veteran
The Housing Exemption process for Fall 2023 will close on August 21, 2023.