The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
The Housing Exemption process is for new, incoming first-year students who meet the requirements to be exempt from the first-year live-on requirement. The Housing Exemption Request is located on the University Housing Portal. Exemptions may be granted for the following reasons:
- Student lives with a parent or legal guardian within a 30-mile commuting distance
- Student lives with a parent or legal guardian and is taking all online classes
- Student is married
- Student is a single parent
- Student is 25 years of age or older
- Student is a military veteran
The Housing Exemption process for Spring 2021 closed on January 26. Enrolled students may no longer be released from the Residence Hall License Contract for spring.
The Housing Exemption process is not currently available for Continuing students for Fall 2021 since continuing students are not required to live on campus.