Mission, Vision, Values
Through a culture of care and inclusion, in partnership with residential students, we provide well-maintained housing and cultivate supportive, learning-centered communities.
We aspire to transform all residential students through a foundation of care and engagement into dynamic leaders and lifelong learners who will make a difference in their communities and throughout the world.
- We put the best interests of our students first and demonstrate compassion in our interactions with others.
- We work hard and take the extra step to get the job done.
- We seek to give voice to the diversity of the Appalachian community.
- We think outside the box and constantly seek to improve and stay current.
- We do what we say we do and make ethical decisions.
- We develop by listening, asking, reading, reflecting, and experimenting.
Division of Student Affairs Tag Line
- Our work creates a culture of care that builds a foundation for students to thrive and be resilient.
- Our diverse, student-centered community fosters local-to-global learning, leadership, engagement, and service.
- We transform students into dynamic leaders and lifelong learners who will make a difference in their communities and throughout the world.
- Priority 1 | Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
- Goal 1.1 | Enhance the sense of belonging and community in the residence halls
- Goal 1.2 | Establish best practices in staff recruitment, selection, onboarding, and retention efforts with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Priority 2 | Facilities
- Goal 2.1 | Continuous improvements to keep well-maintained facilities
- Goal 2.2 | Reduce the number of work orders and callbacks
- Goal 2.3 | Maximize residential occupancy and space utilization
- Priority 3 | Operational Excellence
- Goal 3.1 | Unify Residence Life, Administrative Services, and Facilities with standard policies, processes, and procedures for the department
- Goal 3.2 | Enhance the operational effectiveness within the department
- Goal 3.3 | Enhance the operational effectiveness of the department with campus partners
- Priority 4 | Staff Development and Wellbeing
- Goal 4.1 | Enhance opportunities for learning, growth, and feedback
- Goal 4.2 | Improve employee social, psychological, and occupational wellbeing
- Priority 5 | Student Learning, Development, and Success
- Goal 5.1 | Cultivate supportive, learning-centered communities
- Goal 5.2 | Partner with residential students to establish a culture of care and inclusion