The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Instruction has transitioned online for summer sessions. Read the latest update posted 5/21/2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Mission, Vision, Values
We provide students with convenient, well-maintained housing and foster a learning-oriented community that creates connections and opportunities for meaningful experiences.
We strive to provide safe and sustainable housing for the Appalachian community and create a learning-centered home that engages residents to become active citizens of the world.
- We put the best interests of our students first and demonstrate compassion in our interactions with others.
- We work hard and take the extra step to get the job done.
- We seek to give voice to the diversity of the Appalachian community.
- We think outside the box and constantly seek to improve and stay current.
- We do what we say we do and make ethical decisions.
- We develop by listening, asking, reading, reflecting, and experimenting.