The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 4/6/2020 at 5:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Mission, Vision, Values
We provide students with convenient, well-maintained housing and foster a learning-oriented community that creates connections and opportunities for meaningful experiences.
We strive to provide safe and sustainable housing for the Appalachian community and create a learning-centered home that engages residents to become active citizens of the world.
- We put the best interests of our students first and demonstrate compassion in our interactions with others.
- We work hard and take the extra step to get the job done.
- We seek to give voice to the diversity of the Appalachian community.
- We think outside the box and constantly seek to improve and stay current.
- We do what we say we do and make ethical decisions.
- We develop by listening, asking, reading, reflecting, and experimenting.