The university remains open and is actively engaged in maintaining the safest possible learning and work environment.
Click here for the latest university COVID-19 updates.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated June 10, 2020 at 8:20 a.m.
Mission, Vision, Values
We provide students with convenient, well-maintained housing and foster a learning-oriented community that creates connections and opportunities for meaningful experiences.
We strive to provide safe and sustainable housing for the Appalachian community and create a learning-centered home that engages residents to become active citizens of the world.
- We put the best interests of our students first and demonstrate compassion in our interactions with others.
- We work hard and take the extra step to get the job done.
- We seek to give voice to the diversity of the Appalachian community.
- We think outside the box and constantly seek to improve and stay current.
- We do what we say we do and make ethical decisions.
- We develop by listening, asking, reading, reflecting, and experimenting.