The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Instruction has transitioned online for summer sessions. Read the latest update posted 5/21/2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting a work request:
- The AiM Work Order System is accessible only to computers on the Appalachian State University internal network. If you encounter problems when clicking on the "Submit Maintenance Request" link below, please be sure to verify the following:
- If you are using a wireless connection, you cannot use any of the "visitor" networks (these all have "visitor" as part of the network SSID - i.e., "asu-visitor"). Instead, you must use the "asu-secure" internal wireless network. Instructions for connecting your device to the "asu-secure" network can be found at http://wifi.appstate.edu .
- If you are using an ethernet connection, your device must be registered on the Appalachian network. You can register your device by going to http://netreg.appstate.edu and completing the online form.
- Your login information will be the same as your '@appstate.edu' email account.
- The 'Problem Code' field is required when entering a customer request.
- Please be as descriptive as possible when describing an issue. This will help our maintenance staff ensure that the problem is resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Always include your contact information when submitting a work request. Occasionally our staff may need to get in touch with you regarding a work request, usually when we need more information from you about an issue that you have encountered.
- If you are attempting to report an issue with wireless connectivity, please refer to the Wireless Information area of this site.