The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 4/6/2020 at 5:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Residence Hall Information
University Housing offers a 360° view of our residence hall rooms and the amenities. Click on the pictures below to have a look around each space, but please note that rooms may vary slightly in size and configuration.
- Mountaineer Hall AppSync photo album
- Maximum Occupancy: 451 residents
- Style: Hotel, Co-Ed by room
- Meal Plan Required: Yes
- LEED Gold certification
- Wireless internet access
- Common study room on each floor
- Water bottle filling station
- Student lounge with television
- Laundry facilities
- Multipurpose room
- Vending machines with ID card swipe
- Kitchen facilities with seating area
- Motion-sensitive lighting
- Extra-long twin mattress (80"L x 36"W x 7"H)
- Rent a MicroFridge®
- Standard room dimensions: 27'4" x 12'6"
- Personalized heating
- Personalized air conditioning
- 60" adjustable height beds - raise/lower full height or bunk
- Bed risers not allowed
- Private bathroom
- Mirror (inside wardrobe)
- 3-position chair
- Open closets
- Wire shelving (in closets)
- 3-drawer chest
- Vinyl plank flooring