What does a Conference Assistant do?
The Conference Assistant (CA) is primarily responsible for providing customer service to individuals and groups participating in summer conferences at Appalachian State University. As a member of the Summer Conferences staff, the CA is responsible for a variety of administrative and public-relations functions.
What can the CA position do for you?
- Develop or improve your customer service skills
- Develop or improve your ability to relate to others (interpersonal skills)
- Develop or improve your time management skills
- Develop or improve your administrative skills
- Teach you how to facilitate emergency or crisis situations
- Help you become more involved in the Appalachian State University community
Conference Assistants (CAs) will be paid $8.25 per hour. They are required to live on campus for the summer and are provided housing as part of their compensation package.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct and in good legal standing in the state of North Carolina
- Must not engage in or agree to additional on-campus employment while employed as a Conference Assistant
- Conference Assistants may take one class per summer session
- Must be enrolled in classes for Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 (cannot graduate in May 2020)
- Must currently live on campus
The CA start date is June 1, 2020 and will continue through Monday, August 3, 2020. Conference Assistants will work an average of 15-30 hours per week. Hours will vary from week to week to week based on conference schedule.
How do I apply?
Apply through Handshake by searching position #3560436 (Conference Assistant - University Housing)