University Housing is pleased to offer an exciting living opportunity for our transfer students. In this community, you will be surrounded by other transfer students from a range of institutions around the country who are experiencing similar challenges and opportunities as you are. In order to live on campus and be a part of this great experience, you must complete a housing application and indicate that you are interested in living in the Transfer RLC. You will be asked to respond to additional questions regarding your role as a member of this community.
Applications for the Transfer RLC will be reviewed in three rounds (once in March, April, and May) and are decided based on your answers to the RLC application questions, your dedication to being an active member of the community, and your perceived benefit of joining the community. Submitting a housing and RLC application does not guarantee that you will receive a housing assignment. Offers for space in this community will be sent via your Appalachian email account and will require a response by an assigned deadline. Due to the community formed in the RLC, admission to the RLC is restricted to students beginning in either the summer or fall terms.
University Housing encourages all transfer students to have an off-campus backup plan in case they are not accepted to the Transfer RLC. Students are encouraged to use university resources such as Off-Campus Housing , a service of the Office of Off-Campus Student Services , to find trusted property management companies, rooms and subleases for rent, and roommate searches.
Members of the Transfer RLC will have the opportunity to:
- Become socially and academically integrated into the Appalachian community
- Become knowledgeable of campus resources and services available to help them succeed
- Become knowledgeable of campus organizations and how to become involved on campus
- Become knowledgeable of curricular concepts, resources, and policies that contribute to academic success and occupational goals
- Engage with and gain an understanding of those from diverse backgrounds, including socioeconomic status, racial/ethnic identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, people with diverse abilities, etc.
Members of the Transfer RLC will be required to:
- Sign a Transfer RLC Community Agreement
- Commit to being an active member of this community
- Attend all required events
- Attend four out of six Social Events
- Attend six out of twelve Advice & A Slice programs
- Attend all Cookies & Conversation
- Sample schedule of events/requirements