Opening in Fall 2021, University Housing and Online & Transfer Services are pleased to offer an exciting living opportunity for our transfer students. In this hall (located in the former Appalachian Panhellenic Hall - this hall will be co-ed beginning Fall 2021), you will be surrounded by other transfer students from a range of institutions around the country who will live and experience their new environment together through expanded programming. The hall will house 20% continuing transfer students (to provide guidance, advice, and mentorship) and 80% new transfer students.
In order to be part of this great experience:
- Continuing Students: Students must complete the Reapplication process as well as a Google form with your interest in the Transfer hall by January 1. There are a limited number of spaces available and students who complete the Google form first will have priority.
- New Students: Housing applications for new students open February 15. Students will be assigned to this hall based on their application date so the earlier you confirm your enrollment and apply for housing the better your chance of living here.
University Housing encourages all transfer students to have an off-campus backup plan due to the limited availability of on-campus housing (only one-quarter of our incoming transfer students usually live on campus). Students are encouraged to use university resources such as Off-Campus Housing, a service of the Office of Off-Campus Student Services, to find trusted property management companies, rooms and subleases for rent, and roommate searches.
Members of the transfer hall will have the opportunity to:
- Become socially and academically integrated into the Appalachian community
- Become knowledgeable of campus resources and services available to help them succeed
- Become knowledgeable of campus organizations and how to become involved on campus
- Become knowledgeable of curricular concepts, resources, and policies that contribute to academic success and occupational goals
- Engage with and gain an understanding of those from diverse backgrounds, including socioeconomic status, racial/ethnic identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, people with diverse abilities, etc.
Additional benefits of the transfer hall include:
- The lobby will be set up as a transfer student center and avaiable for all transfer students (not just the ones who live in the hall) to come mingle, study, and support each other.
- There are 3 meeting rooms which will allow space for general presentations by campus offices as well as meeting space for the Transfer Student Mentors and transfer clubs (Transfer Student Organization, Tau Sigma Honor Society, and Walker College Transfer Club).
- We will have access to large programming space (formerly the ballroom of the old hotel).
- A staff member from Online & Transfer Services will have an office located in the hall giving you easy access to get your questions answered by OTS staff.
Questions? Please feel free to reach out to Online & Transfer Services at (828)262-7877 or email@example.com.
Read this news story.