Do you plan to major in business? Are you interested in exploring accounting, marketing, international business, computer information systems, economics, finance, entrepreneurship, Supply Chain or management? Business Exploration is a community that was created to provide a living-learning experience for students majoring in or simply interested in any area of business. The community will offer a unique opportunity for students to explore different areas of business to aid in the process of selecting a major and understanding how all areas of business work together. Students will have numerous opportunities to interact with Walker College of Business faculty members from various functional areas. Students in this group have created business projects such as a social media plan for a car dealership, a marketing communication plan for Appalachian State University's Office of Sustainability, a project supporting Appalachian's Scholars with Diverse Abilities program, as well as BootstrAPPs student-run store and others.
Members of Business Exploration will have the opportunity to:
- Explore and evaluate personal interest in careers in business
- Develop a connection with faculty, staff and students associated with the Walker College of Business
- Develop a connection with the Appalachian community
- Receive academic and career advising support for business coursework
- Learn how to access and utilize student support resources
- Become involved on campus in clubs and student organizations
- Develop and utilize a professional network both on and off campus
- Participate in fun social events on campus
- Build relationships with other business students
- Prepare and implement a community-based service learning project
Members of Business Exploration will be expected to:
- Participate in community and campus sponsored events and activities
- Support the academic success of community members
- Learn the requirements for admission to the Walker College of Business
- Complete a graduation plan by the end of the second semester in the learning community
- Become involved in developing community standards and planning the future of the community
Walker College of Business
The Walker College of Business at Appalachian State University delivers transformational educational experiences that prepare and inspire students to be ethical, innovative and engaged business leaders who positively impact our community, both locally and globally. The college places emphasis on international experiences, sustainable business practices, entrepreneurial programs, and real-world applications with industry. Enrolling nearly 3,000 undergraduates in nine majors and 150 graduate students, the Walker College is consistently named one of "The Best Business Schools" by The Princeton Review and is accredited by AACSB International - the premier global accrediting body for schools of business.
If you have any questions about an RLC please let us know!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (828)262-8656
Living in an RLC is an educational experience that no one should pass up. It's a great way to meet new people who will become life-long friends and good contacts down the road. The friends you meet will have similar interests as yourself.Tiffany, Business Exp.
Rm. 321, John E. Thomas Hall
P.O. Box 32111
287 Rivers St.
Boone, NC 28608
Phone: (828) 262-2160
Fax: (828) 262-2945