What to Bring!
While University Housing is aware of a great variety of adhesives designed to affix items to the walls of your residence hall room, please be aware that you are responsible for any damage to the paint and/or wall that results from the use of such products.
For Your Convenience, You May Want to Bring:
- One UL-approved electrical strip with circuit breaker (maximum 6 outlets per strip)
- TV - digital cable-ready (built-in QAM tuner) is most convenient. Local basic digital cable is wired to each residence hall room.
- Microwave oven (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps) and small refrigerator (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps; 5 cubic feet or less), one of each permitted per room. Rooms equipped with a MicroFridge® as a standard amenity may not have additional microwaves or refrigerators. Additional microwaves/refrigerators are also not permitted in Appalachian Heights due to the presence of a full kitchen in each apartment. MicroFridge® rentals are available through our third-party supplier, Standards For Living, Inc.
- Bed linens, pillows, and blankets
- Carpet - any carpet used must not obstruct the movement of the room door in any way. Use of tape is not allowed. To see if your building already has carpet, please visit the residence hall's information page.
- Free-standing bookshelf (must not obstruct egress)
- Personal computers - all residence halls have data port connections in the rooms (1 port per bed) and wireless connectivity
- Desk lamp
- Free-standing fan
- Dry-erase message board
- Trash can
- Stackable storage bins
- Snow shovel and/or ice scraper (if you have a car)
A list of prohibited items can be found on the Housing Policies area of this site. Please note that the list of prohibited items is not all-inclusive and is subject to change.