The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
What to Bring!
For Your Convenience, You May Want to Bring:
- One UL-approved electrical strip with circuit breaker (maximum 6 outlets per strip)
- Microwave oven (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps) and small refrigerator (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps; 5 cubic feet or less), one of each permitted per room.
- Rooms equipped with a MicroFridge® as a standard amenity may not have additional microwaves or refrigerators. Additional microwaves/refrigerators are also not permitted in Appalachian Heights due to the presence of a full kitchen in each apartment. To make move-in easier, you may consider renting a MicroFridge® through our third-party supplier, Standards For Living, Inc.
- Bed linens, pillows, and blankets (twin XL size)
- Towels and washcloths
- Kitchen and eating utensils (as these items will not be available for checkout)
- Laundry detergent - don't forget to wash your face coverings! (Laundry is included in your housing fees)
- Summer clothes for the early part of the year; it will start getting cooler around October so prepare accordingly with your winter clothes
- One good rain jacket
- Personal computers - all residence halls have data port connections in the rooms (1 port per bed) and wireless connectivity
- Desk lamp
- Free-standing fan (as needed, for halls without a/c)
- Dry-erase message board
- 7 gallon trash receptacle
- Stackable storage bins
- Shower shoes and personal care items
- Cleaning supplies and disinfectants for your room
- Hand sanitizer
- Face coverings
- A warm, weatherproof coat for the cold and possible snow
- One reusable water bottle
A list of prohibited items can be found on the Housing Policies area of this site. Please note that the list of prohibited items is not all-inclusive and is subject to change.