Residence Hall Information
University Housing offers a 360° view of our residence hall rooms and the amenities. Click on the pictures below to have a look around each space, but please note that rooms may vary slightly in size and configuration.
Please note that room photos provided on this site are for reference only and may or may not accurately represent current or future housing policies and/or furnishings. Residents should follow all policies as outlined on the Housing Policies
page of this site as this reflects all currently enforced guidelines within the residence halls at any given time. University Housing does not measure individual room dimensions or provide individual room layouts. The dimensions and layouts provided on this website reflect a standard room in each building and some rooms may vary slightly from the dimensions and/or layouts provided here.
Appalachian Heights is slated for major HVAC renovations over the 2020-2021 academic year. These renovations are vital to maintain state and University health and safety standards for our students and staff. The number of rooms and spaces available in Appalachian Heights will remain constant throughout this process, however, students will move from one wing of the residence hall to another over the winter break. Please be aware that those students assigned to Appalachian Heights rooms 101-109, 201-209, and 301-309 for the Fall 2020 semester will be required to move to another room in Appalachian Heights between the Fall and Spring semesters. Students will be permitted to return to campus early (Wednesday, January 13, 2021) to begin their move, which MUST be completed by the first day of Spring 2021 classes (Tuesday, January 19, 2021). By self-selecting or receiving an assignment in one of these rooms, your are agreeing to abide by the above conditions. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (828)262-6111.
- Appalachian Heights photo album
- Maximum Occupancy: 290 residents
- Style: Apartment, Co-ed by suite
- Meal Plan Required: No
- Wireless internet access
- Laundry facilities
- Lobby with television
- Study lounge on each floor
- ADA accessible
- Vending machines with ID card swipe
- Air conditioned
- Extra-long twin mattress (80"L x 36"W x 7"H)
- Side door card access ends at 8:00 p.m. nightly and resumes at 8:00 a.m.
- Main entry card access is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Standard apartment area is 909 square feet
- Private bathroom in each bedroom
- Two bedrooms & baths per apartment
- Movable furniture
- Bunkable beds
- 8" bed risers allowed on unbunked beds
- Full kitchen with microwave (additional microwaves are not allowed)
- Fully carpeted
- Walk-in closet in each bedroom
- Furnished living room
- Full-size refrigerator (additional refrigerators are not allowed)
Click to enlarge