RA Application & Selection Process
Resident Assistant for 2020-2021:
- October 27 - 30 and November 3 - 6, 2019: Mandatory information sessions (see note below)
- October 27, 2019: Application opens
- December 15, 2019: Application closes
- January 19, 2020: Reference submission deadline
- January 20 - 24, 2020: Interviews
* Mandatory information sessions are held from 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. in Plemmons Student Union's Three Top Mountain room (169). Applicants must attend only one session. Choose the session that works best for your schedule!
Application & Selection Process
Step 1: Research the position
Being a Resident Assistant (RA) can be one of the most enriching and rewarding experiences of your college career. The relationships you develop and the leadership training and experience that you gain will serve you long beyond the time that you are a staff member with University Housing. The RA position, however, is also a very challenging one. A live-in position can be hard to balance. We encourage candidates to familiarize themselves with the responsibilities and expectations of being an RA before applying. You can do this by reading the application materials and talking to your RA or other University Housing staff members. These contacts will help you decide if the position is right for you and can help you with being prepared for the interview process.
Step 2: Attend an information session
All candidates must attend an information session in order to be eligible to move forward with an interview. Candidates will get the opportunity to meet with current staff, ask questions about the RA position, and learn more about the interview process. Candidates will only receive a link to the application by attending an information session.
Step 3: Complete the Resident Assistant Application
Be sure to plan enough time to meet the application deadline. A complete application includes the following materials:
- Demographic information
- Six application questions
- Upload resumé
- List one reference
- Please note that your reference will not be notified until your application is submitted
- Your reference will receive an email link to complete a reference for you
- Reference form takes 5-10 minutes to complete
Step 4: Interview Process
Candidates are scored on application questions, resumé, one reference, and the individual interview.
(Note: the Resident Assistant Recruitment & Selection committee will process all applications to ensure that they are complete and that candidates meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If for any reason your application is incomplete or you are not eligible to interview, the committee will contact you regarding your status in the selection process).