Universtiy Housing is pleased to offer an exciting living opportunity for our transfer students. In this community, you will be surrounded by other transfer students from a range of institutions around the country who are experiencing similar challenges and opportunities as you are. In order to live on campus and be a part of this great experience, you must complete a housing application and indicate that you are interested in living in the Transfer RLC. You will be asked to respond to additional questions regarding your role as a member of this community.
Applications for the Transfer RLC will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis; therefore, it is important that you complete your housing and RLC applications as soon as possible. Submitting a housing and RLC application does not guarantee that you will receive a housing assignment. Offers for space in this community will be sent via your Appalachian email account and will require a response by an assigned deadline.
University Housing encourages all transfer students to have an off-campus backup plan in case they are not accepted to the Transfer RLC. Students are encouraged to use university resources such as Off-Campus Housing , a service of the Office of Off-Campus Student Services , to find trusted property management companies, rooms and subleases for rent, and roommate searches.
Members of the Transfer RLC will have the opportunity to:
- Become socially and academically integrated into the Appalachian community
- Become knowledgeable of campus resources and services available to help them succeed
- Become knowledgeable of campus organizations and how to become involved on campus
- Become knowledgeable of curricular concepts, resources, and policies that contribute to academic success and occupational goals
- Engage with and gain an understanding of those from diverse backgrounds, including socioeconomic status, racial/ethnic identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, people with diverse abilities, etc.