What to Bring!
For Your Convenience, You May Want to Bring:
- One UL-approved electrical strip with circuit breaker (maximum 6 outlets per strip)
- TV - digital cable-ready (built-in QAM tuner) is most convenient. Local basic digital cable is wired to each residence hall room.
- Microwave oven (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps) and small refrigerator (must not exceed 1200 watts or 10 amps; 5 cubic feet or less), one of each permitted per room. Rooms equipped with a MicroFridge® as a standard amenity may not have additional microwaves or refrigerators. Additional microwaves/refrigerators are also not permitted in Appalachian Heights due to the presence of a full kitchen in each apartment. MicroFridge® rentals are available through our third-party supplier, Standards For Living, Inc.
- Carpet - any carpet used must not obstruct the movement of the room door in any way. Use of tape is not allowed. To see which buildings already have carpet, please visit the residence halls information page.
- Free-standing bookshelf
- Personal computers - all residence halls have data port connections in the rooms (1 port per bed) and wireless connectivity
- Desk lamp
- Alarm clock
- Free-standing fan
- Dry-erase message board
- Bed linens, pillows, and blankets
- Trash can
- MP3 player/CD player/headphones
A list of prohibited items can be found on the Housing Policies area of this site. Please note that the list of prohibited items is NOT all-inclusive and is subject to change.