Exploring Health Sciences
Interested in exploring health-related topics in an interprofessional community of scholars? Planning to study Communication Sciences and Disorders, Exercise Science, Health and Physical Education, Health Care Management, Nursing, Nutrition, Public Health, Recreation Management, or Social Work? The Exploring Health Sciences residential learning community may be right for you! In this community, students will live and learn with others who are interested in health - including community health, mental health, and physical health. Members will not only learn about majors and career opportunities in health sciences but will also participate in broad, interprofessional discussions about health.
Members of Exploring Health Sciences will have the opportunity to:
- Build relationships with other students in the health sciences
- Meet faculty and staff from various disciplines within health sciences
- Explore career opportunities within health sciences
- Learn about or participate in service and research related to health sciences
- Discuss health-related topics in an interprofessional group of student scholars
Members of Exploring Health Sciences will be expected to:
- Attend regularly scheduled hall meetings and gatherings
- Enroll in a 1-credit hour CHS interprofessional course for RLC members (fall semester)
- Participate in at least two interprofessional events offered through the Beaver College of Health Sciences during the academic year
Beaver College of Health Sciences
The Beaver College of Health Sciences (BCHS) prepares well-educated and highly qualified professionals, conducts innovative research, and promotes community engagement to improve people's health - physically, emotionally, and socially. BCHS strives to be the preeminent and most comprehensive academic center for health professions in western North Carolina. The college prides itself on innovation and collaboration in education, scholarship, and service that produces high quality graduates, attract superior faculty and staff, and transforms health and quality of life for the communities we serve.