The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 4/6/2020 at 5:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Residence Hall Information
University Housing offers a 360° view of our residence hall rooms and the amenities. Click on the pictures below to have a look around each space, but please note that rooms may vary slightly in size and configuration.
- Gardner Hall AppSync photo album
- Maximum Occupancy: 281 residents
- Style: Traditional, Co-Ed by wing
- Meal Plan Required: Yes
- Wireless internet access
- Common bathrooms
- ADA accessible
- Laundry facilities
- Main lobby - connects to Coltrane Hall
- Vending machines with ID card swipe
- Extra-long twin mattress (80"L x 36"W x 7"H)
* Gardner Hall is not air conditioned.
- Standard room dimensions: 15'6" x 10'8"
- Movable furniture
- 60" adjustable height beds - raise/lower full height or bunk
- Bed risers not allowed
- Fixed wardrobe
- Mirror (in wardrobe)
- Desk with chair
- Security screens (ground floor)