The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Instruction has transitioned online for summer sessions. Read the latest update posted 5/21/2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
For the Black & Gold
For the Black & Gold' is a Residential Learning Community (RLC) immersed in their passion for Appalachian State Athletics. For the Black & Gold, like athletics itself, is meant to bring diverse individuals together with a common goal of rallying behind Appalachian State, our athletics programs and our student athletes. Community events will include attending games to cheer on the Mountaineers across a variety of our sports, getting behind-the-scenes access and education into the world of collegiate sports as well as being a part of enhancing the environment and traditions surrounding Appalachian State Athletics for the coming year. Wear your Black & Gold proud, get ready to be loud and join us for this coming school year!
- The primary goal/mission of the 'For the Black & Gold' RLC is to foster relationships among incoming Mountaineers in a way that promotes a uniquely Appalachian culture, pride and engagement with athletics. Through hands-on learning, engagement opportunities, behind-the-scenes experiences and social gatherings, we hope to raise the bar in Appalachian State pride, creating a new hype for all things Appalachian and at all Appalachian State Athletics events and games.
- Give students with a stated interest in athletics the opportunity to participate as fans, promote student engagement with and at athletics events/games and learn the behind-the-scenes elements of an athletic department.
- Give students with a stated interest and investment in athletics the opportunity to give input about their experiences on campus and with athletics with the goal of making the overall student (and student athlete) experiences at Appalachian better.
- Increase and promote an inclusive campus environment using athletics as a vehicle to make an impact on the community of the High Country and beyond through our community partners as well as through new and innovative ways to engage and service the needs of our local community.
Co-Curricular connections may include:
- Gameday internships/shadow opportunities
- Student section leadership opportunities
- Professional development and lecture opportunities with athletics staff and coaches
- Away game and/or off-campus athletics event opportunities (ex: Appalachian State Carolina Hurricanes game, Conference Tournament(s), etc.)
Appalachian State Athletics - Marketing Division
Appalachian State Athletics strives to meet the goals below as an integral part of their mission:
- To support the educational mission of the University
- To protect and promote the safety, health, and well-being of each student athlete
- To guide and support our student athletes in their quest for excellence - academically, athletically, and socially
- To gather and engage our University community to become a part of our plans